You are here
My First Bob Books - Alphabet Box Set | Phonics, Letter sounds, Ages 3 and up, Pre-K (Reading Readiness) (Mixed media product)
Created by a teacher, Bob Books have been helping children learn to read for more than forty years! My First Bob Books: Alphabet introduces each letter of the alphabet to pre-readers with silly read-aloud stories.
My First Bob Books: Alphabet combines early learning with fun in read-aloud stories that introduce literacy skills to the youngest children. The phonics-based stories explore the 26 letters of the alphabet, including the shapes of the letters as well as letter sounds, which are both important reading readiness skills.
Inside the box you'll find:
- 12 small, hilarious books to read aloud to your child: 12 pages each, focusing on 2-3 letters per book
- A parent guide with tips, games, and activities to build your child’s skills
Each book includes:
- Uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet, with letters that are the perfect size for finger-tracing
- Alliterative text with well-known words that have consistent beginning sounds
- Friendly, simple illustrations that add humor and support the text, along with extra objects to find on every page that start with the same letter sound
Bob Books Level: Reading Readiness
Ages: 3-5 | Grade Levels: Pre-K, Kindergarten
Bob Books' phonics-based method aligns with the body of research known as the Science of Reading, which proves that systematic phonics instruction is crucial to children's reading success. With simple phonics, playful stories, and silly illustrations, Bob Books keep young readers' confidence high, leading to continued success and a love of reading. Your child will soon join the millions of happy kids who say, "I read the whole book!"®
About the Author
Sue Hendra has illustrated several children's books including the Bob Books® learn-to-read sets Sight Words: Kindergarten, Sight Words: First Grade, Rhyming Words, and First Stories; and the Bob Books Stories series.
Lynn Maslen Kertell is the current manager of Bob Books® and the author of the Bob Books learn-to-read sets More Beginning Readers, Sight Words: Kindergarten, Sight Words: First Grade, Rhyming Words, First Stories, and Animal Stories; and the Bob Books Stories series. You can visit her online and learn more about Bob Books at bobbooks.com.