One of our favorite ongoing store events is our cookbook book club. If you want the perfect example of something we can do that an online retailer can’t, this is it. We feature a different cookbook and then get together and taste the dishes we've made from it. A festive potluck meal, in other words, and we supply the drinks. We’re here to nudge you to go beyond just buying the cookbook; go ahead, make the recipes.
2023 Events - We are back in the store!
- February 16, 6:30 PM: Lisa Odegard, Cast Iron Desserts
Since we're talking recipes, here are the step-by-step instructions for participating:
- Come into Island Books ahead of time to buy a copy of the featured cookbook.
- Join our Facebook Group
- Check out the recipes inside, test them at home, and find a favorite dish to share.
- On the appointed evening, bring what you've made to Island Books.
- Eat, drink, and be merry!
Past Cookbook Book Club features include:
- Kate McDermott
- Short Stack Editions
- Jodi Liano
- Kurt Dammeier
- Ina Garten
- Diana Henry
- Sharon Kramis & Julie Kramis Hearne