Most of our passion in working and running a bookstore comes from the discussions we have with you about the books themselves. For those of you interested in sharing your reading experiences and love drinking hot beverages, our daytime open book club is for you. Our adult book buyer, Caitlin, will be hosting a daytime open book club for those who want to start their days with a good conversation around books. Coffee and pastries will be served.
This is completely independent from the evening book club, with its own reading selection. Everyone is welcome to attend even if you haven't read the book, and if you purchase your copy here you'll get the 10% discount.
Join our Facebook group, browse below for selections, and check our events calendar for further information!
The first meeting is on Monday, April 15th at 10:30am. Caitlin will present the book for May there and then find out what the attendees like to read to create a list for the rest of the year.
- The Girl with the Leica by Helena Janeczek, translated by Ann Goldstein (January 13)
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo (February 10)
Feast Your Eyes by Myla Goldberg (March 16)Cancelled. Garden by the Sea by Merce Rodoreda, translated by Martha Tennent (April 20)Cancelled . The Other Americans by Laila Lalami (May 18)Cancelled. Trust Exercise by Susan Choi (June 15)Cancelled.
- Optic Nerve by Maria Gainza, translated by Thomas Bunstead (July 20)
- Introductory Meeting (April 15)
- Hotel Du Lac by Anita Brookner (May 20)
- The Mars Room by Rachel Kushner (June 17)
- The Woman in Black by Madeleine St. John (July 15)
- The Best of Everything by Rona Jaffe (August 19)
- Three Summers by Margarita Liberaki, translated by Karen Van Dyke (September 16)
- The Wind that Lays Waste by Selva Almada, translated by Chris Andrews (October 21)
- History. A Mess. by Sigrun Palsdottir, translated by Lytton Smith (November 18)