During the month of October, we are hosting meet and greets with candidates for the Mercer Island City Council. This Sunday we welcome Jake Jacobson to meet his consituents.
Why am I running for Mercer Island City Council now?
I am at the point in my life where I have the time to devote my energy, passion, grit and wide-ranging experience for the benefit a remarkable City and community in which I have been fortunate to be able to live for a significant part of my adult life. I have been involved in a number of civic activities on Mercer Island. For example, the Mercer Island Schools Committee for the 2014 and 2016 bond and levy issues, Mercer Island Youth & Family Services as a table captain for its annual fund raising breakfast and arranging for volunteer help for the Thrift Store. I continue to support MIYFS and MISD as a donor and volunteer. I am not accepting any donations for my campaign.
· Mobility and minimizing the impact of the bus intercept
· Developing & implementing a fiscal sustainability plan for Mercer Island
· Preserving the integrity of our residential neighborhoods & avoiding spot zoning
· Preserving our unique system of parks, trails & beaches
· Ensuring that Mercer Island is safe for children & all residents