The Puget Sound is fertile ground for writers--well, not the Sound itself, but the land around it ... anyway, you know what we mean. We're blessed to have an abundance of authors living virtually on the doorstep of Island Books, so we thought it was high time to introduce you to them. So we're hosting our first-ever Local Author Festival on Sunday, 9 October from 2 to 4 p.m.
You'll be able to meet and greet some of the top writing talents in the region, sample their work, ask questions, and even take home an autographed book. Or two, or three, or ... Be sure to visit all the author stations for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate good on your next visit. Here's the slate of esteemed guests:
- biographer Cynthia Flash
- historical novelist Denise Frisino
- author/illustrator Jason Dorsey
- Northwest educator Heidi Bohan
- guidebook author Judy Bentley
- YA novelist Kim Lampson Reiff
- suspense artist Susan Spieth
- Native American historian Lawney Reyes
- fictioneer and travel writer Pam Stucky
- business advisor Brad Cochrane
In addition to this great lineup, we'll have some drinks and snacks to share. A great time will be had by all, so come on down. And bring your friends!