The Island Books retail location and online site remain OPEN for business!
The Island Books team sincerely appreciates the continued support of the Island Books community during the COVID-19 pandemic. The small business landscape and ecosystem on Mercer Island and the surrounding communities will be shaped for many years to come by the shopping decisions you make during this pandemic. Island Books and all local small businesses need your support more than ever. We strongly urge you to shop local and support small businesses. Please spend like it matters.
As you may have heard, yesterday Governor Inslee announced a four-week statewide set of restrictions in response to the recent rapid spread of the COVID-19 virus in Washington. The Island Books team will support and comply with the restrictions that were announced by the governor. We take the COVID-19 pandemic extremely seriously. The health of our vulnerable family members, customers, supporters, and employees depends on our community adhering to the new restrictions. Island Books will be operating at 25% occupancy at our retail location per the retail restrictions announced yesterday. We will also continue to require masks in the store and ask our customers to continue social distancing measures.
We believe that supporting Island Books and supporting the new restrictions are not mutually exclusive. We believe that our amazing community can do both. Here’s how people can support Island Books while still adopting and complying with the newly announced restrictions:
· PURCHASE IN-STORE:
- Regular business hours: We will continue to operate our retail location (at 25% occupancy) during our regular business hours: Weekdays 9:00am – 7:00pm, Saturday 9:00am – 6:00pm, and Sunday 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Personal shopping/afterhours shopping: As we head into the holiday season, we recognize that many of you have A LOT of holiday shopping to do but can’t make it into the store during our regular business hours. We are offering personal shopping and afterhours shopping by appointment. Please call the store at 206-232-6920 to get more details and to make an appointment.
· PURCHASE REMOTELY: We offer three options for you to make remote purchases
- Email: Send email to email@example.com. This is the preferred option because it allows some of our employees to work remotely (which is obviously important). It also allows us to manage the increased volume of email orders. Please DO NOT send credit card information by email. We’re happy answer questions and make recommendations as we always have.
- Website: You can also order books through our website as you always have been able to. This is another preferred option because it allows some of our employees to work remotely and allows us to manage the volume of increased online orders.
- Phone: You can also call the store at 206-232-6920 and we will take your order, answer questions and make recommendations as we always have.
· REMOTE DELIVERY: We offer three options for delivery and pickup of your purchases
- Home delivery: We are happy to deliver your purchases to any address on Mercer Island. This is a service we have always offered but has become more utilized during the pandemic. We encourage our customers to take advantage of this service.
- Curbside pickup: We will bring your purchases to your car. Simply place your order either by email (preferred) or by phone. We will let you know when your order is ready. You can pull into the Island Books parking lot and call the store (206-232-6920) and we will bring your purchase out to your car.
- Free shipping: We will ship your book purchase over $15 anywhere in the continental US free of charge. This is another service we have always offered. Like home delivery, we encourage our customers to take advantage of this service during the time of crisis.
We thank you for your support of Island Books AND ALL OTHER LOCAL SMALL BUSINESSES. Your support of Island Books not only supports a Mercer Island institution but also supports 5 employees and provides health insurance for some of those employees (which is obviously important in these times). It is our intention to continue to serve our community for many decades to come.
Stay well. Stay safe. We’ll get through this…together.
The Island Books Team