Island Kids is our new book club run by staff member Becca Oman. It's perfect for 2nd and 3rd graders (or kids who read on that level) who love to read and want to meet fellow readers. If you're unsure if the reading level is the right fit for your kid, check out the books we've already read below. We meet once a month on Fridays, have treats, and talk about our latest read. Book club runs for 45 minutes. Everyone is welcome to attend even if you haven't read the book, and if you purchase your copy from Island Books you'll always get a 10% discount.
Please fill out this Google form so that we can add you to the email list. Emails will only used for reminders and updates for book club.
If your child is interested in hosting, please sign up for a meeting here. Hosting involves providing treats and/or drinks for a specific meeting. The child who is hosting also gets to sit in the special "hosting chair". The book club will always meet at Island Books unless otherwise specified.
Join our Facebook group, browse below for selections, and check our events calendar for further information!
- Leave It to Plum! by Matt Phelan (March 3, 5:45pm)
- A Snow Day for Plum! by Matt Phelan (April 21, 5:45pm)
- Tabby's First Quest by Mia Bell (June 2, 5pm)
- Sejal Sinha Battles Superstorms by Maya Prasad (July 14, 5:45pm) + Local Author Visit!
- Marya Khan and the Incredible Henna Party by Saadia Faruqi (August 11, 5pm)
- Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar (September 8, 5pm)
- The Haunted Library by Dori Hillestad Butler (October 6, 5pm) + Local Author Visit! Feel free to wear a Halloween costume and bring a treat to share.
- The Creature of the Pines by Adam Gidwitz (TBD November, 5pm)
- A Boy Called Bat by Elena K. Arnold (TBD December, 5pm)