Our doors are now open! We are still open for business online and over email. We are offering curbside pick-up, free delivery on Mercer Island, and book shipping AS WELL AS in-store browsing!
Our requirements are that ... you wear a mask, sanitize your hands as you walk in, and maintain social distancing.
The Island Books team appreciates the support of the Island Books community during this time of crisis. Island Books and all local businesses need your support more than ever. The small business landscape and ecosystem will be shaped for many years to come by the shopping decisions you make today.
At the same time, Island Books completely supports the social distancing and Stay-at-Home directives that have been communicated to our community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The health of our vulnerable family members, customers, supporters, and employees depends on our community adopting these measures. We also believe that the impact this crisis has on our local and national economy depends on people adopting and complying with these measures.
We believe that supporting Island Books and staying home are not mutually exclusive. If you need to stay at home, here is how you can continue to support us
- Email: Send email to email@example.com. Please DO NOT send credit card information by email. We’re also happy answer questions and make recommendations as we always have.
- Website: You can also order books through our website as you always have been able to.
- Phone: You can also call the store at 206-232-6920 and we will take your order, answer questions and make recommendations as we always have. However, if you have a long list of items or complicated questions, we prefer that you send us an email so we can give both you and our customers in the store the best attention possible. We recommend you sending us an email if you get our voicemail.
We offer three options for delivery and pickup of your purchase:
- Home delivery: We are happy to deliver your purchases to any address on Mercer Island.
- Curbside pickup: We will place your order in our pickup box outside the door. Simply place your order either by email (preferred) or by phone. We will let you know when your order is ready. You can pull into the Island Books parking lot and call the store (206-232-6920).
- Shipping: Like home delivery, we encourage our customers to take advantage of this service if you need to stay home. We can ship media mail for a small fee, or faster service USPS Priority mail at USPS rates.
We thank you for your support of Island Books AND ALL OTHER LOCAL SMALL BUSINESSES. Your support of Island Books not only supports a Mercer Island institution but also supports 6 employees and provides health insurance for some of those employees (which is obviously important in these times). It is our intention to continue to serve our community for many decades to come.
Stay well. We’ll get through this together.
— The Island Books Team